Posted on November 16, 2023
Cadillac Products Packaging Company (CPPC) is a full-service manufacturer of coextruded blown and cast films, and flexible packaging laminations, serving the needs of many markets from our manufacturing facilities in Georgia & Illinois and headquarters in Michigan.
Join us and contribute to our longstanding tradition and create your own.
Cadillac Products Packaging Company, a flexible packaging manufacturing plant in Dallas, GA, seeking an experienced Maintenance Craftsman. HS diploma or GED req. Must pass physical & drug screen before hire. This is for the afternoon shift and pay includes a shift premium. Candidates should be able to work all shifts & overtime as required. Must have multi-craft experience in manufacturing equipment assessment; mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting; repairs, and preventive maintenance. Equipment includes pumps, drive systems, & pneumatic controls. Must have own toolbox and tools. We offer competitive wages & great benefits.
General Scope of Responsibility
The Maintenance Craftsman is a multi-craft position. The craftsman is responsible for ordering material and parts to ensure that the plant equipment operation and performance are meeting expected standards and is safe. Maintain and update parts inventory.
- Staring pay from $25.00 and up based on experience
- Paid on a weekly basis
- Potential pay increases every 90 days with good performance evaluations
- Perfect attendance bonus of $100/quarter
- Quarterly and annual bonus potential
Typical Shift Schedule
- Monday through Friday
- Day shift operates from 7 am to 3 pm
- Afternoon from 3 pm to 11 pm
- Midnight from 11 pm to 7 am
- Overtime and weekends may be scheduled as required to meet customer requirements.
- *Monday – Friday 8-hour shifts may be required for training 7 am-3 pm
- Generous and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans are low-cost with great coverage
- Personal Earned Time (PET) – earn 4 hrs./month for perfect attendance
- Life insurance – 1.5 times your annual base pay rate provided for an employee with the option for an employee to pay for additional coverage at 1, 2, or 3 times their base pay rate, spouse and/or dependent child coverage
- Short-term disability is provided for employees with an option for long-term disability
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid vacation time
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount programs
- Follow all plant work and safety rules.
- Ensure all plant equipment functioning as designed and intended.
- Trouble shoot specific equipment problems as they occur.
- Use hand tools to perform mechanical, pneumatic and electrical work on equipment.
- Use shop equipment for repairing / fabricating parts.
- Use computer for locating parts in parts inventory
- Use voltmeter for trouble shooting.
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance, and inspection of all equipment in manufacturing environment.
Minimum (Must have to be considered for the position):
- High school or GED.
- Must be able to drive forklift.
- Must be able to read blue prints, drawings, and manuals.
- Must be able to operate shop equipment (drill press, bandsaw & welder).
- Must be able to work in restricted & elevated areas of equipment and building.
- Must be able to use volt meter for troubleshooting.
- Must be able to use computer for locating parts in parts inventory.
- Must be able to use micrometers and dial indicators.
- Must have own tools.
Desired (Will provide job holder with added skill(s) to perform duties):
- Will be able to operate all shop equipment (lathe, milling machine, soda blaster).
- Will be able to troubleshoot AC and DC drive equipment.
- Will be able to troubleshoot PLC’s.
The Maintenance Craftsman must be willing to communicate with all plant personnel in a professional and courteous manner. Must be able to accept constructive criticism and participate in team / group meetings.
If you are a dedicated individual with a strong work ethic and a desire to contribute to our team’s success, we encourage you use the application below to apply for this position.